I'm Looking for Someone to Write up My Interview?

See what was done for Jason Dickson...

Jason Dickson - Freelance Writer 

Jason Dickson is a freelance writer out of the Washington, D.C. area. He has over 5 years in the field, with experiences in subjects ranging from law, retail, construction to technology and medicine. He would earn English credits throughout post-secondary school, but never actually majored in any professional writing or journalism degrees. The fact of not entailing a degree in related fields wasn’t a hinderance for the freelance writer; he would make a way to create content that sold.  He would teach himself how to write interesting professional content for websites. He would get his first break after graduating Full Sail University when he would fail to acquire a position related to his field of study [recording arts]. He would surf online one day and discover a freelance writing position . He would apply to the opportunity, get the gig, write for the client and merit a payment from the finished content. From that point, he would gain a bit of confidence and would take on many other freelance opportunities. Today, he has written for hundreds of clients and is one of the most unique freelance writers of the 21st century. 

He has written for hundreds of websites, blogs, newsletters and marketing brochures. His copy content has glorified some of the biggest fortune 500 companies in the world: Apple, Ford, Facebook, Google and many, many others. He is the author and editor of the self-help spiritual book, “The 7-Day Solution for Loosening a Spell Knot”.  Jason Dickson is currently working on a new book as we speak. 

How did you get started in freelance writing?
After graduating Full Sail University in 2012, I had some difficulty in finding employment in my field of study, which was recording arts.  Desperate for cash at the time, I began to take up small freelance jobs online that would pay peanuts, but it provided small increments of money to pay some important bills.

How did you know that you could write?
Well, from elementary, all the way through college, teachers would compliment me on my writing assignments, told me that I was a really good writer. I didn’t think too much of it at the time, never knew that I would be a professional freelance writer, writing professional content for clients all over the world. 

Are you still making peanuts?
Well freelance writing is a tough and competitive industry. There are so many writers with exceptional skills who are looking for the same thing that I’m looking for - a career making money in the comfort of their own home. At times, the pay is extremely low, and other times the pay can be high. Am I where I want to be as a writer, no, but I feel as though there's room for improvement and advancement and I refuse to quit until I reach my goals as a freelance writer. 

What went on in your mind when you first wrote your first article as a professional freelance writer?
Well, I was thinking that the opportunity that was presented to me was a scam. During the time, I had this perception that every job online was a scam. I took a chance at accepting the job and while writing, I just kept a clear conscience that I was a good writer [like my teacher’s suggested] and I let the words flow. The article was accepted and I was paid. From that point forward I just continued, because I felt that I had what it took to write professionally. 

What are some of the positive things you tell yourself to get you motivated as an entrepreneur?
Well, I always tell myself that there is something better. No matter how good of a position that you are in, there is always a place that is better than where you are at. This mindset keeps me going, it keeps me motivated and it keeps me positive. 

What was your best article you’ve ever written?
Tough one. But, I would have to say one that I wrote on the Apple iPhone, I believe it was the iPhone X. I entailed every detail and concept imaginable to clearly represent the iPhone to where it was the greatest piece of device that was ever brought into existence. 

Are you married? have kids?
Not married yet, but I’m working on it. I’ve been single for going on a year now. Me and my ex-girlfriend are still friends, but it just didn’t work out, unfortunately. My son is 17 years old.

Besides writing, what else are you passionate about?
I’m a huge superhero fan! I collect comic books, comic films and comic action figures. I’m kinda still a big kid, I guess. I also like to bowl with aunts and uncles, they kick my butt every chance they get. 

If you'd like to have one of these interviews done on yourself, send a message to the Handymancopywriter team @ handymancopywriter@gmail.com.

We can also convert video and audio interviews into text as well. 



Comments